From:
Stefan Schull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:14:00 -0500
Hi again,

Thanks to everyone with the quick replies!  I ended up stumbling around the
web looking for patches or fixes when I came upon a useful link:

http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/faqsound.html

While it is not intended for my mobo the information is very useful.  I
ended up somewhat degrading my card to half duplex by manually configuring
the resources in the device manager and only giving the card one DMA.  (Not
like I play around with webcams or dialpad so I'm not going to miss full
duplex ;-).  Anway, after that all of the "snap crackle pop" vanished, even
under some pretty extreme load.

Thought this might be of use to anyone who happens to get stuck with
something like this...

Stefan Schull

From: "Stefan Schull" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>