From:
Duncan Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 01:41:06 -1000
I have the same board (P2B-F), and what I've noticed is that when I
power up from a power cord switch, I have to manually turn on the case
power switch on (the computer initially starts up but immediately shuts
off), if I don't, the computer stays off (although there is power to the
computer) & the monitor goes into a sleep mode.  BTW, the initial
computer on mode is really short (~5 sec), so the monitor never comes
on.  On Win 95 shut down, the computer shuts off automatically before
the "it is now safe to shut off your computer" screen. You may also want
to look at the "Power Management Setup" in the manual (p. 48)--I've
never fiddled with mine, so it's set at whatever the BIOS default is...

Robert Bowen - Information Services - SUNY Farmingdale wrote:
>    I have a Asus P2B Board that is behaving wierd.  It all seems to be
> hooked up properly (all the wires from the case in the right spots on the
> board).  When I power it on, I hear the fan in the power supply.  The HD
> powers up but I get no video.  I then lose the ability to turn it off by
> the switch.
> I tried another video card but no luck there.  This is a brand new case,
> board, Celeron chip and Memory.  I tried my PII-350 chip on the board, no
> luck.  I tried my Ram from the 350, no luck.  I tried the Video from the
> 350, no luck.
> If anyone has seen this before or has any suggestions, I would really
> appreciate them.

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]