Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:07:35 +0100
My Dell laptop [Inspiron 8000, Win ME] has developed a frustrating tendency to crash - typically, the cursor will freeze when I'm in Google or eBay or reading my mail, and it will not respond to ctrl/alt/del, but the laptop must be switched off and restarted; other times the monitor will suddenly go black with only a flashing cursor and again will not respond, having to be turned off and back on, when it reboots in safe mode. I have defragmented and cleared out temp.files and run PCBugDoctor; is this symptomatic of a deeper malaise or is there a simple  cure? Any help will be gratefully received,
Ron Smith

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/