From:
RiverRouge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 09:02:59 -0500
Date: Dec 11, 2000
Subject: New HD Installation
From: William Patton

Hello. I am about to purchase a 10gig WD HD.  I am wondering about what
limitations to be aware of.  I have an Asus m/b with HX chipset, bios 5/97,
200MMX, win98SE.  Someone said there may be a 8gig limit of some sort.  I
did not want to use the special software that comes with them.  If this
limit is a function of the bios and I use it anyways and then later get a
new m/b will that bios recognize the drive differently so that I will not be
able to read the drive as it would be with this m/b?  Thank you, William