From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:53:06 -0400
You could try ebay for the pc66 non-ecc ram that your older HP needs.  I
see auctions with 128mb sticks for under $10, plus shipping.  Try to get
2 of the same part number, many auctions are buy-it-now and also
indicate that more than one piece is available.  You can contact the
seller first to see if he has 2 similar chips before you buy.
HP's web site has specs on their products.  A quick search came up with
a Presario SR1525IN, which is a pentium 4 with pc3200 memory.
Definiterly not compatible.  Are you sure you got the presario 1525
model number right? HP also uses  product numbers.  The SR1525IN model
is PY076AA.
Kingston.com  is a site that lets you look up memory  specs.  Compaq/HP
presario 1525 is not listed there.   Same results with crucial.com,
another memory firm..
The compaq may have pc66 memory if it is a similar vintage.  Does it
still work?  If so, you can hook it up and check the specs in /control
panel /system.  If not, make sure it's unplugged, open the case (usually
remove 3-4 screws on the back or sides) and check it.  If you need help,
email the list again.
Paul Hachmeyer

Monique wrote:

>Would the RAM from a Compaq Presario 1525 be compatible w/ a HP Pavillion 8360 ? I've found that the HP RAM runs at 66 mhz, and that has made it costly to find. I had the Compaq given to me to use anything salvagable from it, it's about as ancient as the HP, but the HP is running now for my 7 yr old and I would like to add some RAM. I can't find info for the Compaq like I have the HP, and I haven't gone inside it yet. If anyone knows, please tell me...
>
>Thanks
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>