From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 12:14:14 -0700
Preston wrote;

>I have a Compaq Presario 1277 laptop with the manufacturer's restore
>disks.  The laptop is now dead and I would like to install the OEM
>version W98SE from the restore disks on another computer.

>Can this be done?

Rick Glazier brought up a very good point in his comments. One thing I would
like to add is the proprietary system for which the recovery installation
disk was intended may not install or function. The installation process is
looking for specific hardware so it can install the necessary drivers which
would not be present in a different machine. With the Compaq, you have
specific drivers for all of the hardware.

This is the downfall of proprietary systems and the recovery disks that
comes with them.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers