From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:05:23 EDT
Most scanners that I have seen made today, have pretty good and
indistinguishable output. As far as ease of use, I think that that has allot
to do with the software both purchased and supplied with the scanner. My
father uses an HP scanner (I don't know the model) and while I know it may be
mechanically a better scanner, the software is not as easy to use as many
others. I also had a Mustek scanner and their software was poorly written and
would freeze up fairly often. I used this scanner on several systems and it
never functioned properly.

I currently use a Visioneer 6200 USB. I purchased it mainly because it is
both USB and already includes Windows 2000 drivers. It has a feature that
allows you to press a button on the scanner and it will scan and
automatically crop the image. After that, it ask you what you want to do with
the image i.e. email or etc. If you choose to email it, it request the email
address and sends the picture to that address. It's so easy my wife is able
to do it. What ever you choose, if you have USB on your system, that is the
way to go. Both for ease of install and speed.

Dennis Noble

<<
Hi.. Can anyone receommend a scanner which is easy to use and produces
reasonably good output?

Thanks,
Ira Wallin

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: