Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 02:04:52 -0400
We were told by Epson tech help that not using the color
heads is what causes them to clog.

We had a succession of Stylus 600s which never quite worked
right.  They would lock up, the heads would move unceasingly
and they took an enormous amount of time to warm up.
Aligning the heads was a real pain.

This all changed when we got the HP 1170. It has never
clogged or jammed. It is ready to print within 4 seconds of
being switched on.  Aligning it is a simple task and only
needs to be done after changing cartridges.  That being
said, this machine is no longer made and was replaced by two
other models, selling for $399 and $499, I think.

The only complaint I have with this machine is that when I
try to set the print quality in software, it locks up the
entire computer.  Setting the printer on "fast" quality with
the on-board buttons works for only a few minutes, then it
defaults to "best" by itself.  I can live with that.

The best Epson printer I ever had was my old FX80 Plus,
which worked for 5 years..

Steven Gaber
Oldsmar, FL