From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 17:50:02 -0600
At 02:06 PM 07/02/2000 , Michael Beauchamp wrote:
>I have a lot of junk on my computer, and my registry might be messed up.  I'd like to
>just start from scratch.  Can someone give me a "How to" on doing this?  If not, maybe
>someone knows of a good site with info on the process.
>
>Also:  I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'm currently running Windows 98 and
>plan on installing Windows 2000 after reformating.

If you visit our web site and click on the GUIDES button on
the top tool bar, it will take you to a section containing a
guide about partitioning your hard drive and a guide about
formatting your hard drive.
    http://nospin.com
     Guides Page:  http://nospin.com/sitemap.html

We also have guides for installing Windows95 & Windows98.   We
have not to date written one for Windows2000, since it is an NT
product, not intended by Microsoft for home users.  I also might
warn you to be sure to check that your PC is not currently
"sharing IRQs" for hardware devices, since Windows2000 will
become a nightmare to install if that is the case.

If you are interested in upgrading to a new operating system, might
I suggest that you wait until Microsoft launches Windows Millennium
the intended successor to Windows98SE.   Windows2000 is the
upgrade product for WIndowsNT.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group