From:
garytennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:45:23 -0700
Regarding:

>>>>>>>>>>>you wrote <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
My problem is as follows:-

When trying to configure the network, the computer asks me to insert a
"Novell Netware DOS disk that was "supplied by the manufacturer".

Your install of Windows is possibly including IPX/SPX or Netware.  Make sure
that the network configuration has only these two protocols:   NetBeui and
TCP/IP   and has no Novell or Netware clients included in the install.

Even if you were to find a Novell DOS disk, you'd get errors in "no server
found" since you don't have a Netware server.  Just make sure you have the
bare essentials in your networking:

Microsoft Networking  (haven't seen win98 in so long I have forgotten exact
wording)
NetBEUI
TCP/IP
file and printer sharing (if you desire)

- gary r. tennesen

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com