From:
Matthew Wulfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 16:39:17 -0700
Hi,
   My sis in law just got a new PC running Windows Millenium.  With her
Optiquest v55 (which ran just fine with her PCI S3 Virge 4mb card in
other system) she is having the following problem.  The new system has a
Nvidia Gforce 2 32mb wi TV hookup.  Problem is best described as:

Any object on the screen has a shadowlike effect on the right side. The
object will be generally blurry except for a matching band on the left
side that isn't.  Ie if the the shadow effect on the right were a mm
wide, there would be a corresponding mm of the object on the left
handside that is crisp.  It seems as if there is almost a weaker  echo
of the image which is being superimposed in a slightly misaligned
fashion, always to the right of the image.

I suspect this is an electrical fault in the video card.  Monitor is set
up and plugged into the same outlet it was before.  (Old case was just
swapped out.)  What do the rest of you think?

Thanks,
Matthew