From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 08:31:04 -0500
Adam,
I don't have an answer for you, but I can sympathize.  I have pretty
much the same build as you: A7N8X Deluxe, Corsair XMS pc3200 512mb (2 @
256), Antec 400 watt power supply, WD SE 80gig HD, and my difference, a
slower AMD 1800+.

The weird thing about mine is if I cold boot, both the post screen and
WinXP Pro will recognize the processor as 1150mhz.  But, if I enter the
Bios and verify my settings: External clock 133mhz, multiplier 11.5,
don't change anything, save and exit...when the system reboots, both the
Post and windows will read AMD 1800+ at 1532mhz.

It is really weird.  But the system runs great as a dedicated gaming and
digital video editing machine.

Neal Collins
A+