From:
Dave Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 00:59:44 -0400
Hi Pamela--

Here's one thing I noticed with the Nero software and my Sony CDRW
drive. Be sure it's set to use DMA via Control Panel settings.
Sometimes having DMA turned on slows the computer, but it seems to be
vital with the Nero package. I have not researched this deeply, but
has been my experience.

To check the DMA setting, go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>System.
Click on the Device Manager tab and view the Properties for the
burner. Click on the Settings tab and be sure there is a checkmark
next to DMA in the Options section.

Only other thing to mention is have you verified your system meets the
minimum requirements for your burner? One of the burners I saw
recently advertised required at least a Pentium 233.

Hope this helps,
Dave Gibson