From:
SAMMIE RUTLEDGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:17:33 -0600
I am guess this is a hardware question since it involves a sound card. Am
sure you will let me know if I am wrong.

I would also like to say that I am astounded at the raw knowledeable
here.

Dell Dimension XPS D333
Turtle Beach Montego A3D 64-voice PCI Audio Card

I like to use DOS to look around my harddrive, erase files, search, etc.
I was going to erase all the files in a directory
and didn't notice or remember that I had moved up into the Windows directory.
I erased all the files! DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! Since I was in DOS, I couldn't
unerase them. I went to Device Manager and made notes of all the drivers.

Wiped Windows and all software. Didn't format. I have my computer up and
working except I can't get the sound to work.

I have been corresponding with a Dell tech, but he seems to go in circles.
Today he told me to install the Montego CD which in previous notes I had
told him wouldn't install.

On boot the computer finds a PCI Multimedia Device and looks for the driver.
I have pointed to the Montego CD (going to the correct Engish directory,
the Windows 95 CD, C:\windows, C:\windows\system, and various other
files I have downloaded from Dell's site. Can't find it anywhere. The
Montego instructions say that when I sees the PCI Device, it will install.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!