From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 16:06:11 -0400
David,

Increasing the fan size may not make much difference.  More important
that the size of the fan is it's CFM rating (cubic feet per minute).
CFM is a measurement of how much air the fan can move (or displace).
A six inch fan with a CFM rating of 50 will be less effective than a
three inch fan with a CFM of 60.

The second thing to consider is the holes in the grill.  If you drop
in a larger fan, then you will also need to enlarge the grill to
allow for the extra air flow.

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association