From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:00:49 -0800
Sue Conrad wrote:
> In the last 2 months or so i have been slammed with pop-ups, mostly from
> Microsoft Internet Explorer.
V Could you tell me how to do it.

You have unwittingly visited a web site or opened mail from someone you
didn't know. As for a switch to turn off I know of none at this time. You
have received what is known as a time released capsule that will launch
Microsoft Internet Explorer. Your message may be something to the effect
that your system is not safe to prying eyes and you need to purchase the
spyware software that is being advertised. You can allow it to open and see
if you can find a phone number and call the responsible party and most
likely they will Email you with a small program that will remove the popup.
I too had a similar experience. Unfortunately I disposed of the remove tool.

>keep microsoft from sending all these to me.

It isn't Microsoft that's doing it.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers