From:
Jim Prettyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:43:59 -0500
I have had one of the 820cse for several years and have been thru
all that you mention and a lot of other. If the machine is not
dying and that is probably not the case. Sometimes you can put in
a set of cartridges and reinstall the darn thing and that seems to
clear it up. If you can accomplish this from then on when you want
to change a cartridge open the cover and then unplug the thing.
Do the changing and then plug it in. It seems to not remember it
has been changed. I add ink to my cartridges this way with fair
success. Once in awhile it will hand you the error message anyway
but seldom it does. Good luck, HP printers give a pain to most of us.
Jim

At 01:57 PM 1/15/02 -0800, you wrote:
>820cse, v8.5; Win 95a
>
>Yesterday, I ran out of black ink. I put in a new cartridge. I
>got a "Printer Cartridge Error" message that the cartridge was
>unusable. So I put in another one. Then it told me that the
>color cartridge was unusable. I put another color cartridge
>in. I was told that the black cartridge was unusable. I put in
>a different black cartridge. The I was told that the color
>cartridge was unusable.
>
>I tried putting in 3 black and 3 color cartridges. According
>to HP, that message means a New cartridge should be put in.
>Well, I'm on a fixed income and do not have the means to keep
>buying and testing cartridges.
>
>Is my 820 dying on me? I welcome any insight on this matter.
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: