From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:53:32 -0700

Small correction/update. SATA now has drives with a peak transfer rate of
300MB/sec, also called SATA II. The drive and controller must both be
compatible with this new standard. Not sure of real world stats, but I have
a SATA II RAID 0 with two 7200 rpm Hitachi drives that out performs my 10000
rpm Raptor SATA I RAID 0 in some informal testing.

Jim Maki

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com