From:
Bjorn Simonsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:58:33 +0200
Below is a copy of my reply to a similar question earlier this year.
(I have not checked the current status of the software mentioned,
nor the links.)

Date sent:           Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:36:12 +0100
Subject:          Re: How to copy Hard drive

On 28 Feb Jerry W Hughes wrote:

> Is there away to copy one hard drive to another one. I thinking
> about getting bigger drive but I don't want to reload the software
> to make it the primary drive.

Download Ranish Partition manger, still free for personal use I
believe, at <http://www.intercom.com/~ranish/part/>. The new beta
(version 2.38) includes both a "copy partition" and "copy disk"
feature. Just select source partition and press C for partition copy
or D for disk copy, and it prompts you for the target. I'm  not sure
if the "copy" feature is available in the previous final
release(2.37), I don't think so. The target partition must be the same
size or larger than the source. I've tried "copy partition", and it
worked just fine for me. Fast too. The only thing that doesn't work
quite as expected in the beta is the boot manger(*). The partition
manager seems to work just fine though. Very useful partition Wizard
in the new version as well.

You may also want to have a look at some of the (other) free disk and
file utilities listed on Rich Green's "Free Software for DOS" site:
<http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1401/disk2.htm>
<http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1401/fileuti2.htm>

(*)if you want a nice (and very good) GUI boot manger, look no
further: <http://www.xosl.org>. And its free too (GNU GPL). See
also: <http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1401/boot.htm>

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen