From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:08:23 -0500
On Sunday 07 November 2004 07:08 pm, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> I would like to set up a routine to go through on a regular basis that will
> keep my comps in as good as shape as possible.  Other than scandisk,
defrag,
> anti-virus updates/full scan, ad-aware scans, deleting .tmp files and
> internet histories, what else would the list suggest?  I don't anticipate
upgrading
> any video/audio or mobo so would I need to regularly check those sites  for
> driver updates?  What about chipset and bios updates?  If there's  nothing
wrong
> with them should they be updated?  Have I left any thing  out?
>
> TIA
> Kevin Nowicki

Kevin:
Take a look here: http://langa.com/cleanup_bat.htm

These programs were developed by Fred Langa. I have no current experience with
any of these programs since I no longer use Windows. Before I switched to
Linux, I used several of his utilities and was quite pleased with them. Fred
was once the editor in chief of Byte magazine, and later a VP of Windows
magazine. He currently writes a very good newsletter, and also contributes to
Information Week. His homepage is at: http://langa.com/index.html. It
includes the last two issues of his newletter.

Caveat: There isn't very much documentation on the cited page. There have been
several articles on these programs in his newsletter through the years, and I
expect that you could get further information using the search site tool.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL