Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:45:31 EST
Greetings all!
 I have a never-used version of Redhat 7 which I am considering  building a
basic system to install and try out. I first considered installing it  on a
Compaq computer which is in need of re-formatting but was afraid of the
propriotary conflicts associated with manufactured pcs. Plus I have software  which I
use often which will not run with Redhat. So...
 In choosing hardware (mobo, disc drives, modem, etc.), are there
compatibility issues I should take into concideration? For instance, some cd  drives
come with software which I suspect may not run with Redhat and wonder if  drivers
would be in conflict as well.
 Since this is an older version, The couple of sites I have found  don't
offer much info on compatibility and I'm hoping some of you may have  first-hand
experience or know of a link with pertinent info.

 Thanks to all,
Phillip Williams

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com