From:
Guise Sandy & marc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:52:00 +0200
Can somebody tell me what PCI Steering is? Every time I run Nuts and Bolts
diagnostics, I get this message: "IRQ holder for PCI steering has been
disabled."

I'm trying to install a Creative Vibra 128 soundcard (PCI) on Win 98 and it
chooses IRQ 12, which I think is conflicting (PCI steering uses IRQ 11 and
12). I can't change the IRQ in Device Manager (I unchecked "Use Auto
Settings") and if I change in the BIOS, in PnP/PCI Config, Windows seems to
simply ignore that.

I've tried two drivers from Creative's website, drivers from the Vibra CD
and let Windows do what it wants. Each time, after what seems to be a
succesful driver update, I get the message,
"SBPCI interrupt has been routed incorrectly by the system. AudioPCI
inactive. Use automatic settings in Device Manager." (I have been using
auto). This message also comes up on a blue screen when Windows starts.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for your time
Marc Guise

                            The NOSPIN Group