From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:45:36 -0700
> One of these systems will be used strictly for the internet, with only
> the opreating system MSN 8 and whatever software will be required with
> a cd-rw for dowloading, etc.

  I would relegate the Pentium to this role.  12GB of disk space is plenty
for that, and with dial-up you're not likely to strain its CPU.
  I wouldn't necessarily put the CD-RW on it, though -- that's something you
might want to put on a faster box, with perhaps a shared folder where you
put things you find online that you want to burn.

  For now, I'd put the new drive into the PII and upgrade the OS as you've
planned, and for now that's where I'd put the CD-RW as well.  It sounds like
your applications may outgrow this system soon, but until you're ready to
replace it, I think this gives you the best use of your current resources.

David Gillett