From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 19:34:51 -0700
I have a HP 820Csi printer on a Win95 ..98....NT 4 network. ....

The printer is on the 98 PC and has the most current HP 8.05 drivers
installed.
The problem is I can not use the normal  procedure to install a network
printer on the other PCs.  In order to install the 820 on them as a network
printer I have to manually feed the driver files to the Win 95 PC instead
of the 95 PC being able to obtain the drivers directly from the 98 PC where
the 820 resides as a local printer.

The NT workstation will allow me to install the NT 820 drivers as a local
printer but when I try to use the NT printer manager to install 95 drivers
so 95 PCs will be able to use this as a network printer and obtain drivers
the NT Workstation print manager will not permit me to run the 95  HP820
driver program.

Has anybody else had this problem with these drivers?
Does anybody know how to contact HP....they have no email support and the
only phone number they have is for their 600 series printers and only if
they are still in warranty.
I have never run up against such an inaccessible manufacturer.

thanks
mark