From:
Patrick C Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:57:43 -0400
Actually according to the EIA/TIA -568B specs, the max length of cat 5 cable
from the Wiring Closet(could be hub, IDF, or MDF)  to the workstation is
100meters.

Anything beyond 100 meters becomes too distorted and week for the NIC to
translate and would require a repeater or an active hub to correct the
problem.  However In in the Cisco class it really shouldn't go beyond 90
meters.

--Patrick Black