From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:29:39 -0800
Greetings,

I'm having trouble connecting any higher than 28800 with a Motorola ModemSurfr
56K external. Most of the time it connects at 26400. My ISP supports the K56
Flex protocol as does the modem. I have gotten connect speeds as high as 48000
with a Motorola ModemSurfr internal on a Win95 machine. I haven't tried the
internal in the WFWG machine.

The computer is a new build only a few weeks old.

Abit AX-5 mobo
AMD K6 233
32 MB SDRAM
2.5 GB hard drive
24X CD-ROM
STB Nitro 4MB video card
Running WFWG 3.11 on a small peer to peer network
Using Trumpet Winsock 2.0 to connect

I've tried several different settings and initialization strings in winsock
with no results.

Motorola support told me to download  a flash update for my modem but it
didn't improve the connect speeds. Do I need to download high speed comm
drivers for WFWG? If so, where would I find them? Or am I missing something
else?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis Thiel