From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:42:30 -0700
Hi,
The "always on" question has been known to spark some overly excited
opinions in the past, so I'll keep this simple.
Because of the high dollar value a little insurance would be a good
idea, and if your protector has a on/off switch that's a even bigger
plus. One thing I am certain of; be sure the volume is set to the
minimum before powering the speakers each time to avoid potential sound
card damage. This is a common proplem when amplified speakers are
involved.
hope this helps
-yui

--- Stéphane_Vaillancourt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I bought those Klipsch v2.400 speakers about 2 months ago and I
> am *SO* happy with the sound quality, you couldn't believe.  One
> thing is worrying me a bit, though: there is NO power switch on
> the speakers!  You can turn the volume up & down, but to turn the
> speakers off, you must UNPLUG them.
>
> My question is: Since these speakers cost me over US $250, and I
> want to be the most careful with them, should I unplug them
> everytime I turn the computer off?  Actually, they're plugged in
> an MGE Eclipse ProTel surge protector, but I found out last month
> that my office plugs are not grounded properly (read: my computer
> power supply busted!)... and I had to use some extensions to plug
> the computer (and the surge protector) in my living room, so I
> don't know if leaving them "always on" matters or not.  Will that
> reduce their "life" if they're always turned on?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org