From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:51:55 -0600
Robert;

 There is some pretty good info on installing boards at:
http://www.motherboards.org/build/build-20.html

 I haven't really installed that many boards, but I just
try to use enough of the brass studs to physically support
 the board and make it really solid. I make sure I use holes
 in the mobo that are meant to be grounded, they are usually
 isolated from the rest of mobo circuit, just a ring of metal
around the hole .
 I sometimes use the fiber washers just to cushion the screw
so it doesn't bite in so hard.
Be careful not to use large-headed screws that might contact
adjacent parts of the printed circuit if the board shifts slightly.

     | ><>  Larry  Fisk   <><
     |      Fisk Computers
     |      Fruitvale, Idaho

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**