From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:42:21 -0500
Boot CDs need to be burned it a special way according to some
very special specifications (El Torito), and your computer BIOS
must support booting from CD-Rom, AND be specifically set
to do that.
(El Torito is a specification which describes the structure of a CD
used to boot a PC with a suitable BIOS.)

Since you can't generally modify a CD once it is burned wrong,
(with-out re-burning it, if an erasable one) I would suggest starting
from scratch and making a clone of your original factory CD-ROM
disk.   You need to make a full disk copy of the original Windows
install CD-Rom, not "just" a copy of the files you can see in "all?"
burning type programs or Windows Explorer...
There are certain "invisible" files and logical data structures that
you can only see with special tools.

When you find  the original CD-Rom, why not use that to fix the
original problem?

                                                                     Rick Glazier