From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:07:34 -0800
When posting to a list such as PCBUILD, it would help a lot to focus on a
particular question. Your submission was more of a narrative. However, it
appears to me that your main question is "why did I get zapped." Since
output voltages on the power supply are all too low to cause a shock, it
would be my guess that some bent metal in the supply case touched a point
that is on the AC power in side. It also implies that the case does not have
a safety ground connected. This is what you might want to check out. Try
using another power supply to verify. Also, check for continuity (with an
ohmmeter) between the AC power in connections and the power supply case.

Good luck.

Peter
The NoSpin Group