Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:56:30 -0800
This link may explain why.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q253/9/12.A

Donald Benoit

----- Original Message -----
From: "joseph marty" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Win98SE freezes.

> Try going back to 256 Mb of RAM, as Win 98 seems to have problems with
amounts of RAM over 256 Mb.  Believe me, Win Me is a worse OS than Win 98. I
just got a new Dell with Win Me, and at a week old, with no hardware changes
or additions, it locks up on almost everything.  I cannot believe that
Microsoft has continued to dominate the OS business with the outright junk
they've been selling.  My next upgrade will be Linux, or whatever comes down
the pike that is stable.  Win XP might be as good as they say, but it
indentures you to Microsoft.  A very unhappy Dellsoft customer.

http://shopnow.netscape.com/