Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:04:22 -0500
A good place to start is checking how you connected the power on switch on the case to the mobo.  Your mobo manual should have a diagram of how the connectors are set up and which connectors go where.  Big mistake I made doing those connections is connecting the various pins vertically rather than in a horizontal mode.  Carefully look at the drawings.  If that doesn't do it, let us know, but I'll bet the farm those aren't right.

James Moore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Bought all new components to build a gaming machine but it won't power up. All I get is the standby power LED illuminated on the m/b and some lights on the keyboard. I've been to the ASUS website and followed the troubleshooting instructions and I've searched the Antec site for help - nothing found that addresses this predicament. Any ideas how I could systematically troubleshoot this?
>
>Components:
>ASUS A8N-SLI Premium m/b
>AMD 4400+ 64 x2 (using boxed HSF)
>BFG GF 7800 GTOC
>G.SKILL F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX CL 2-3-2-5 (2x1GB sticks)
>WD Raptor 74GB SATA
>PLEXTOR 716SA
>ANTEC NeoHE 550
>ANTEC P180 case