From:
Jerome Deyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:30:16 -0500
The only way you can use a second router is if the ISP assigns a second IP
address. They likely will charge for a second account in that case.

You can use wireless if you use an access point with an external antenna on
the office end. Or if you are lucky, you can put the AP in a window facing
the house?? (watch out for "low-e" film glass) Practical distance is about
100ft or so with Wireless-G.

You can get direct burial rated Cat5 cable. Distance limit is about 330 ft.

Which ever link you use, you can then use an inexpensive switch to allow
more than one machine to connect in the office.
Jerome

>>>  Hello all.  I have had dsl hookup with small telephone coop
>>>  for 3 1/2 years.  I recently built an office outside of my
>>>  house.  I had the cable run out to the building.  they are
>>>  telling me I have to run a Cat 5 cable from my router/hub out
>>>  to the new building.  Why can't I get another router/hub and
>>>  connect it the same way as I have this one?  Anyone had any
>>>  experience in this field?  I currently have a Netopia
>>>  router/hub with 8 ports and only 3 are being used.  Wireless
>>>  is out of the question as the new structure is made of metal.
>>>  Thank you for any assistance on this subject.   Stephen R Stanfield

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml