From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:52:08 -0700
I doubt that the picture tube is bad. Your problem sounds more like a
defective power transistor in the horizontal deflection circuitry. This is
also linked to the high voltage section and would account for the fuzzy
picture. As the circuit heats up from operation, it causes the transistor to
get worse. I have a Sony 17SE that has a similar problem.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml