From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 05:12:45 -0400
At 20:31 7/2/99 , Hal Leininger wrote:
 >I have a Hitachi Super Scan (CM2085MU) that has a 9 pin analog
 >connection as well as BNC connectors. I also have a VGA to BNC
 >cable. R,G and B are obvious but the Black cable is unmarked
 >relative to H or V and the Grey cable somehow has both of the
 >H and V stickers. Anyone know which is H and which is V?

Hi Hal

My Viewsonic monitors have both D-Sub and BNC input ports like yours.

I bought a good D-Sub to BNC cable and faced the same dilemma that
you face. What about those last two wires?

My video cable has five short colored wires fanning out in a pattern
from left to right at one end: Red, Green, Blue, Black, Yellow.

The back of the monitor has connectors labeled in order from left to
right: Red, Green, Blue, H-Sync, V-Sync

It seemed natural to attach the wires in order, even thought I did
not know if Black went to Horizontal and Yellow to Vertical. (If I
did not attach them in order, two of the colored wires would cross.)

Things worked out well when I attached them in their natural order.

You could also use the following diagram to check which wire is
really H-sync and which is V-sync. (Run a few volts through from
pin 13 of the D-sub end of your cable and see which wire at the
other end of the cable will let you light a flash light bulb.)

    ___5_______1___
    \  0 0 0 0 0  /
10->\  0 0 0 0 0/ <-6    15-Pin HD D-Sub Connector for Video Output
      \0 0 0 0 0/
     15---------11

  1  Red
  2  Green
  3  Blue
  4  Ground
  5  Ground
  6  Red ground
  7  Green ground
  8  Blue ground
  9  Sense
10  Ground
11  Ground
12  Bi-directional Data
13  Horizontal sync
14  Vertical sync
15  Data clock

These dual port monitors are great because you can attach two
computers to the monitor. (And you can even have both computers
on at the same time...except you have to switch from A to B when
you want to see what's on screen on the other computer.)

You can also attach the video out of a Voodoo card to one monitor
port and the output of your main video card to the monitor's other
port. This does away with the loop back cable that goes from the
output of the 2D card to the input of the 3D card. So your 2D
video quality should improve because it doesn't have to go through
the extra loop back cable or the switch and filters on the 3D card.

Regards,
Bill

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html