From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:11:38 -0600
At 01:50 PM 9/9/98 , Casey Marion wrote:
>I am going to upgrade a friend's computer.  He has a 486, running
>Win95.  I want to put a FIC503+ and use his old HDD.
>1) Will I run into problems with the HDD having been formated under an
>older BIOS?
>2) If so, can anyone recommend a work around?

The hard drive is formatted by the operating system.  This should not be
an issue.   The BIOS of a new board should have an easy time of auto
detecting the drive parameters, that is your only concern with the BIOS/
motherboard change.

If you are using Windows95 or better...  you may have some issues with
the drivers for the motherboard when you initialy boot the system.  Some
times the operating system can easily remove the old drivers and install
the new ones...  and some times it looks up.   You will need to boot into
safe mode and remove the old drivers, then reboot and let the operating
system auto detect the MB, installing the proper drivers.   Worse case
scenerio here is you will reload the operating system so this process
can occur.

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD  -  PCSOFT
                          PC-PDA  -   I-GAMES

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**