From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:58:31 -0500
Luan,

Most motherboards will not allow the mixing of different types or sizes of
RAM modules within a BANK.  Each bank can have different types and/or
sizes but not within a bank.

Since you have not told us what motherboard you are using, no one can give
you an absolutely sure answer.  You need to check the manual for your
motherboard.  THAT book is the final authority on what you can or can not
do for your particular motherboard.

If you do not have the book, repost your question and tell us the brand
and model of the motherboard.  Then someone with the same board  will be
able to give you a positive answer.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====