From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:18:37 -0800
Hi Phil,

You can get a lot of information by using the PCI vendor and device ID's.
To get these ID's, once it is plugged into your PC, click on the "Start"
button, and right click on "Computer". In the menu select "Manage". In
the Computer Management applet, click on "Device Manager" in the left
hand pane. In the list in the right hand pane, find the device, which is
probably the one with the yellow exclamation point and shown as
"Unknown". Right click on that device and select "Properties". in the
properties window, click on the "Details" tab. This will show one or
more values. For example, on my machine if I do this for my network
device, I get..

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1677&SUBSYS_01A81028&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1677&SUBSYS_01A81028

The vendor ID is "14E4" and the device ID is "1677". You can take these
numbers and look them up at
http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/

Locate the vendor ID which will tell you the manufacturer. Click on the
number and it will bring up the list of devices for that manufacturer.
Locate the device ID in the list and it should give you the PCI device
information.
For my network device above this resolves to vendor Broadcom and device
NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express. Furthermore, sometimes
you can click on the device ID number and get a list of exactly where it
was used from the SUBSYS value from the "Details" tab on the device. For
mine, it is 01A8 and 1028 which means it is in a Dell Precision 380 PC
(which means is the network chip on the motherboard)

Russ Poffenberger

On 11/15/2013 3:24 PM, Phillip Williams wrote:
>   I recently got a box of assorted pci and pci-e cards. One of the
> cards is a "Digital PC TV capture" card. The only things I've found
> printed on the board are the quoted words above and the letters GT (in
> the center of an oval) followed by the numbers 0539. Oh, and
> inspection sticker marked Sept. '05.
>
>   Google searched "GT 0539"...nada. Even did a google image search for
> "(see quote above)"
> ...no dice.
>
>   I installed it in a pc running xp pro and it recognized that there
> was a multimedia controller  connected but, checking device manager,
> only a yellow "?" with devise type listed as "other" and manufacturer
> is "unknown" no drivers listed.
>
>   I also ran Belarc advisor but it wasn't listed at all.
>
>   If I can get the drivers, I'd like to use this machine for a security
> camera recorder. Some reason, my cyberlink software says my attempts
> at usb capture are copy-write protected so I'm just wanting to try
> something different.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml