From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:14:47 -0700
The easiest way to break a BIOS password is to reset the BIOS. Open the
cover and find a little watch battery on the mainboard. Remove that for
a few minutes, and you should be good to go. The piece of memory that
the BIOS uses to store its settings and passwords is called CMOS. That
stands for Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor, and it needs power
from that little watch battery to remember anything. It also doubles as
the system clock, so be ready to reset the time once you boot up.