From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 15:42:50 -0400
I've bought a program for working with IDE hard drives. I use an external drive
  kit. I have 6 assorted drives to check and using USB, the computer shows
  the toolbar icon for removable item, but it's not showing up on MY COMPUTER,
   It does show up as unallocated in disk management. Does anyone know how
  to make it show as a removable device in MY COMPUTER ?? with a letter
  designation ?? Thank you for your help,   AL SMITH