From:
Karl Gottshalk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 13:02:32 -0500
I used to have one of these, it uses a CGA monitor. You may have to look
around to someone who has one. An easier solution is to use laplink, run the
start command  blindly, then you can see the files you want on the other
computer hooked to the laplink cable and copy the files that way.

Karl

>A friend has a Bondwell 286 portable computer (made in 1991 according to
>the FCC ID).  The display gave up the ghost.  He has all of his formulas
>and solutions to his laboratory experiments on the hard drive.  I am
>assuming that the drive is either a MFM or RLL type.  The computer has a
>video output connector on the rear, but it is identified as an RGB
>output.  The system will turn on but he cannot "see" anything.  If a
>monitor could be connected to it, he could then copy all of his data to
>floppies and put it on his home computer until he gets a new laptop.

Karl Gottshalk
Camden, ME 04843
www.the-computer-man.com

                                  -----