From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:42:57 -0500
Susan,
        A word of caution... If you have an AGP nVidia video card
on your Gateway, DO NOT install any of the Adobe programs
that come with some scanners. There is a conflict between
the nVidia drivers and Adobe Font Manager that results in
windows not being able to boot. All you will get is a blue,
fatal exception error screen. The ONLY way to recover was to
format and re-install fresh.
        Gateway does have updated nVidia drivers at their website
that is supposed to fix this problem, but I couldn't get the
updated drivers to make the system useable again, without
formatting and re-installing a third time. You have to
search for the drivers, I missed them the first time I
searched Gateway's website. I found a description of the
problem my customers were experiencing at the HP website,
and followed their links to the support document at Gateway.

Elizabeth Boston

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html