From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:31:10 -0800
The only way you can safely do this is to make a switch. That audio cable
that goes from your CD ROM to your sound card is really just speaker
wire...right channel .....left channel......ground.

Buy yourself some speaker wire and a two way toggle switch.....the switch
should have nine contact points like this

xxx
xxx
xxx

plug the cable into your sound card and cut it ...now solder those leads to
the middle of the switch....the order isn't important BUT what is important
is that each device matches on the switch.

take two more CD audio cables and plug them into the CDs....now cut them
and solder the three wires from each CD on the three terminals on each end
of the switch. ...

ON the switch all the right leads should line up.....all the left ......all
the grounds.....these wires are color coded so just make sure the colors
line up.....

You will have to mount the switch on the front of your PC case ......Now
you will be able to switch from one CD to the other when you want to play
audio CDs....