From:
Timchenko Maxim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:21:01 +0300
If it is an external modem [even if not] it is highly probable
it has its own drivers, usually named Modem Line-In [Mic] and
Modem Speaker, to allow software to play sound to and record
from the line.

What I'm suggesting is check the record options in //ControlPanel/
Media and make sure that "Preferred/Primary Record Device" is pointing to
your sound card and not to your modem.

<> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
<>

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Chen Yu wrote:

> I have a Genius Sound Maker 3DJ, full-duplex, PnP, support iPhone, and a SM56
> Motorola modem. I plug a microphone into the MIC jack of the sound card.
> Strange thing: when I say something into the microphone, here is the voice
> in the  speaker(plug into the soundcard too), but cannot record anything! I have
> checked  Control Panel/Multimedia, no strange thing, I can control the volume of the
> mic, it's enabled too.
> note: The modem has it own SPK and MIC holes, so I think it's a speakerphone one.
> What can I do?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html