From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:26:55 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 1998 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Packard Bell Memory

>That's the problem, I tried Kingston and Crucial and neither
> even showed my client's model (PB410a) they finally told me it's
>propritary memory, FPM parity.
> One thing that complicates the whole deal
> is the simms slot is at a low angle and I can only use
> single-sided simms.

Early PB machines were designed like the old Tandy PCs.  They made
everything unique so you had to buy parts from them.

The socket and it's angle are a secondary issue.  Even if you find a
stick that physically fits, it still won't work.    If the folks who
make and sell RAM have told you that the machine needs proprietary RAM
then that's what you need.  Contact PB to see if parts are still
available.

.