From:
Michael Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:04:46 EDT
Hi!

    Two things are more than likely at work here...

    As for 75Mhz FBS slooooow boot and such, this is more than likely
harddrive latency settings (if you have them) being too high. Set them to "3"
at first, and if doesn't fixit but it seems to get better go to "4". Also make
sure the latest motherboard and harddrive drives are being used. This usually
isn't a problem, but it cut performance if older drivers are in place. Some
older HDs can't cut 37.5Mhz...

    As for 83Mhz FBS, if you have AGP video you can't run at 3/4 or 4/5 bus
speed, you'll have to get one or switch to a PCI video card. AGP cards just
have a fit running past 75Mhs FBS.

Hope this helps.
Max

Troy Havard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have a customer who has a problem I can't quite figure out.  He is
running a Tekram mobo w/ K6-2/333 proc currently @ 66 MHz FSB and wants to up
the FSB to 75 or 83 MHz (max of the mobo).  He has PC100 DIMM.  When he
attempts to up FSB to 83 MHz, system will not even boot.  If he puts it at 75
MHz, it will boot, but slooooowwwlly, and doesn't run apps hardly, if at all.
Any suggestions?
As I understand it, all the K6-2's are 100 MHz FSB, and if RAM is there also,
why wouldn't system work w/ mobo at only 83 or 75?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html