From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:01:22 -0700
Yes Javier I believe your right....I have jumpered my TEAC CD drive to a
master and plugged it into my SB32 controller. If I boot off a Win 95 dos
floppy that loads the correct CD  drivers and will work if the CD is on a
motherboard channel ......does not work with the drive plugged into the SB
controller The sound card works fine and the controller has never been used
so I have no reason to suspect any thing is wrong with it.

My modem is indeed on com 3... ..IRQ 10 is clear on this system. I just got
off the phone with Creative tech support...who didn't have any idea how the
controller normally works nor how to set it up in any OS but they did tell
me that the card uses memory address 168 or 1E8 and does not require any
special drivers....they also suggested I may have to assign it a memory
address but they did not know how I would do this.

How do I assign this SB32 IRQ 10 and a memory address to the controller and
how do I make it work off a boot disk and NT 4?

Thanks for the help!
mark

>However, if you have a COM3 port, take into account that the extraordinary
>smart people who decided the standard addresses por tertiary IDE (0x1E8+,
>0x3EE) aliased them with one of the eight addresses used by many COM3
>(0x3E8-0x3EF) ports. This is mostly invisible, but may cause undetectable
>errors, and may be rejected by NT. So make sure that the SB IDE is set to
>the cuaternary (0x168+, 0x36E, IRQ10).

>Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
>
>>I have a EIDE Mitsumi CD Recorder CR-2801TE installed as a Master on the
>>secondary channel of the motherboards onboard controller. I have a 24 speed
>>Teac installed as  slave to the Mitsumi. This is installed on a NT 4 Server
>>and the setup works well.
>>
>>i would like to use the secondary channel for another drive. I have a SB32
>>PNP installed in this PC and when I installed NT I elected to enable the SB
>>on board EIDE Controller.  Is there any reason why I could not move the two
>>CD drives....the Mitsumi burner with the Teac slave to the SB controller.
>>Would this work  or are there issues I am unaware of. Would it slow
>>transfer rates down.....and / or create burner problems ?
>>mark

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**