From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 00:16:32 -0800
Dear collective list wit,

I successfully installed a new 40gig WD hard drive, set it as master, and the old 60gig (Maxtor) is
now the slave. Fdisked, partitioned, and formatted the new drive, and WinME installed fine. So far
everything is going fine except that I don't see the old drive when I run fdisk.

The old drive was formatted from dos, no problem. It shows up in device manager, and is totally
accessible from Windows. It shows during the boot menu and the Bios seems (?) to know all about it.

Now, the only thing I can't figure out is how to fdisk & partition the 60gig.

INFO:
System:  HP 1 Ghz Athlon
The old 60gig is now D:\ and contains only restore folder and recycle bin.
WinME is on C:\
The new drive contains the primary dos partition C:\ , which I have set active, and an extended dos
partition with 4 logical drives E,F,G, & H - all accessable from Windows.
All are fat32.
The instructions about master/slave jumpers on the old drive are unclear, so I have no jumper on it.

Thanx in advance for your expert advice.

Al Thompson

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml