From:
Robert Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:45:23 -0500
The unanswered questions are your choice..I have a MSI board
but 10 gillion people will say ABIT or Asus..more expensive. The
object is to be able to upgrade this machine 2 years from now.
If you get a CD-RW be sure and get one that has burn protection.

alan hodges wrote:

> I'm new to the list and relatively new to building a PC, in

> fact I am about to attempt my first build.

> So far I have a Midi Tower case 300W ATX and a Floppy drive.

> I really would appreciate some guidance in choosing the following parts.
>
> Motherboard  (see comments above)
> CPU  A 1+Gig
> Memory 256MB (what type)   sdram133
> Sound Card  Creative pci128
> Video Card  Are you doing any gaming?
> Hard Drive 20G (what speed)  7200 RPM
> CD ROM  (see comments above)
>
> My intention is to build a 'mid range' PC that is capable of multitasking, but I will not be playing games....ever.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Alan Hodges
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com