From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 13:24:39 -0600
Friends, about a month ago, we had a flurry of messages that came through
the lists regarding PDA's: Personal Digital Assistants, like the PalmPilot
and some Windows CE palmtops.  Unfortunately, none of our mailing lists were
really suitable for dealing with them.

Things have changed.  I've built a system here at the world headquarters of
Fluid Light Design (OK, it's a spare bedroom in my house) that can host new
lists, so Bob and I put our heads together and created PC-PDA, a discussion
list about Personal Digital Assistants.  As usual, the list is open for
subscription to anyone on the Internet, and it's free of charge.  Also, as
usual, the mailing list will be kept strictly on topic, just like our others
lists.

If you're interested in this list, you can subscribe to it by sending a
message to:

with the following text in the body:

subscribe pc-pda <first name> <last name>

Please remember that the same rules that apply in the technical support
mailing lists apply to PC-PDA.  Also, please bear with us a bit as we fine
tune the Linux machine that this is running on.  While it's a very fast dual
processer system with a 512Kbps connection to the Internet, its
administrator is sometimes a clod when it comes to operating it.

If you have any questions about this list, please send them directly to me
via email at [log in to unmask]  Please do not reply to this message in the
list.

Thank you,

Drew Dunn